Hay-Hutch Net attachment
If your Hay Hutch has arrived with holes drilled for the Hay Net, go to (5).
To drill holes to attach Hay Net
Use a marker pen to mark the location of the holes.
Use a drill fitted with an 8mm bit.
1) Unpack the net and place it over the OUTSIDE of your Hay Hutch. Please note
that the Hay Hutch Net for Mini, Small and Medium are conical. Please make
sure that you have them the right way up. The Net for the Large is cylindrical
and can go either way up.
2) Use engineers grips, bulldog clips or tape to hold the net in place at the top
so that it does not move whilst holes are being drilled.
3) Carefully drill one hole for each Net aperture around the neck of the Hay Hutch.
Be very careful to avoid tangling the Net with the drill or risking injury to hands
or fingers. For added protection, consider wearing gloves. Also consider marking
the drill points with a felt tip pen, removing the Net and then drilling the holes
with hands and Net clear.
4) Stretch the Net down, if necessary, and carefully drill a hole for each Net aperture
around the base.
5) Place Net on the inside of The Hay Hutch. For the conical nets (Medium, Small,
Mini) be careful that the Net is the right way up. Use engineers grips, bulldog clips
or tape to hold the net in place at the top so that it does not move whilst threading
retaining cords through.
The retaining cords for conical Nets (Medium, Small and Mini) are two different
lengths. The shorter cord should be used at the top and the longer at the bottom.
Thread the retaining cord through the Net apertures and the holes drilled
top and bottom.
6) Tie the cord with a secure, non-slip knot. You may need to drill one extra hole
to get both ends of the cord end back inside.
7) That’s it! You can now fill up and use your Hay Hutch as normal.
Please note: The judgement as to suitability of using the Net for your horse lies
with you, the owner. We have not had any problems with the Hay Hutch Nets
with our own horses but cannot be held liable if you do.
If you would like to download the instructions in printable form, please click HERE.